Building the perfect home is a deeply personal and exciting journey. As an interior designer, I understand the importance of creating a space that suits your needs and desires. To help you get started, I’ve put together a wish list that covers practical and luxurious elements to elevate your living experience. From everyday conveniences to extraordinary luxuries, this list is designed to inspire your inner interior designer.
- Easy-to-Use Pot Filler Tap: This handy addition to your kitchen saves you from carrying heavy pots of water from the sink to the stove. It’s a small touch that makes cooking more convenient.
- A Bigger Closet: Who wouldn’t want more closet space? A larger closet helps you keep your clothes and accessories organised, making your mornings smoother.
- A Spacious Pantry: Having a roomy pantry isn’t just for chefs. It’s a great way to keep your kitchen tidy and store all your non-perishable items.
- Roomy Laundry with Folding Area: Make laundry day less of a chore with a spacious laundry room that has ample space for folding clothes.
- A Closet for Brooms and Mops: Keep your cleaning supplies neatly stored in a designated closet, making home maintenance easier.
- Under-Cabinet Lighting: Illuminate your kitchen work area effectively and add a cosy atmosphere with lighting under your cabinets.
- Floor Sockets in the Living Room: Get rid of messy extension leads with floor sockets in your living room, specifically designed for lamps. They provide easy access to power without making your space look cluttered.
- Bathroom Vent Heater: Imagine stepping out of a hot shower into a warm, heated bathroom. It’s a small luxury that makes cold mornings more bearable.
- Built-In Dog Bowls: Treat your furry friend to a dedicated feeding area that keeps pet bowls neat and out of sight.
- Dog Washing Station in the Garage: Make pet care a breeze with a special dog-washing area in your garage. It keeps the mess contained and the process efficient.
- All Drawers in Kitchen Base Cabinets: Streamline your kitchen storage by having all drawers in the lower section of your cabinets. This makes it easier to access pots, pans, and utensils.
- Easy Outdoor Power Access: Enjoy outdoor gatherings and holiday decorating with easily accessible outdoor outlets.
- Secret Safe in the Floor: Boost security and peace of mind with a hidden safe built into the floor. It provides a discreet place to store your valuables.
- Holiday Decor Closet: Keep your holiday decorations organised and easy to find with a dedicated closet. This simplifies the process of decorating for different seasons.
- Sink in the Butler’s Pantry: A sink in the butler’s pantry makes it easier to hide dirty dishes and food preparation from guests, maintaining a clean and organised appearance during entertaining.
- Dimmable Lights: Create the right mood in any room with dimmable lights, allowing you to adjust the lighting to suit your preferences.
- Second Dishwasher: If you often host gatherings or have a big family, a second dishwasher can significantly reduce the time spent on post-meal cleanup.
- Staircase Lights: Combine safety and style with well-placed lights on the staircase, providing both visibility and a touch of elegance.
- His and Her Closets: Customise your closet space with separate “his and hers” closets to keep your wardrobes organised according to your individual preferences.
- Improved Insulation: Ensure your home remains comfortable throughout the year with good insulation, which helps save on energy costs and maintains a cosy atmosphere.
Your dream home wish list represents what’s important to you. When you embark on the journey to create your perfect home, remember that working with an experienced interior designer can help bring your vision to life. They can assist in prioritising your wish list, choosing the right materials, and creating a cohesive design that fits your lifestyle.
Your dream home is more than just a house; it’s a place where you can relax, entertain, and make cherished memories. So, start planning and building your dream home wish list, and watch as your vision becomes a reality, one carefully considered detail at a time.